lunes, 16 de julio de 2007

Your side of the world / Joe Henry

Thought that bell was in my dream / All in my head / Until the trucks were in the yard / And the fire was in my bed / Oh, can you hear the ringing bell / Telling time like time was to tell? / Can you see the smoke rise and curl / All the way from your side of my world? / Hush your talk, here comes the boss / Down off of his perch / He walks the floor in cream-white shoes / Like we were piggin' iron in church / Oh, can you hear the furnace hum / Above the shouts and all the chewing gum? / Hear the union priest lead the factory choirgirls / Singing out to your side of my world? / I could dance when I was young / And I was pretty good / I'd do all the tricks and such But back then everybody could / I should have seen how this would be / But nothing's true till I've seen it on TV / Yet there you were, in your high heels and curls / Coming in as big as life, from your side of my world / Let's pretend we've never loved / Let's pretend our hands are clean / Free of all the spit and shine / And the smell of gasoline / Cause here come the planes and the tambourines / The funeral march, and the beauty queens / The circus freaks selling lemonade / From the back of an open-air motorcade / Here come the heart machines and the baby shoes / The ship-to-shore relay of the sporting news / That mail-order brides --fake tits and pearls / All making way from your side of my world

No hay comentarios.: