lunes, 16 de julio de 2007

Sold / Joe Henry

Please don't speak another truth out loud / Whatever else you do / I only want you to keep me lost in your cloud / And I'll do the same for you / Don't believe a single thing you've heard / Really, I'm as good as gold / You don't need to sell me with another word / I'm already sold / If I give in to your open arms / Then you can think the worst of me / For pulling out my weakness like a charm / And making sure you'd see / Love, when it's defeated, just remember / Can still keep you in its hold / No need now to tempt me with surrender / I'm already sold / What was that, A lonesome battle cry? / Sweeping in upon us from the rear? / Like a child I hide my eyes / And think I've disappeared / Mercy, hope, faith and love and treason / Are trump as long as darkness holds / I don't need to see the sun, there's no reason / I'm already sold

No hay comentarios.: