lunes, 16 de julio de 2007

Flesh and blood / Joe Henry

Come sit beside me / That'll do for now / The night has come and left me / Just the light that you allow / Come speak my name / Fill my head with all such foolish dreams / My flesh and blood is no more real to me / Than what they seem / My love for you is burning / Like a spark along a fuse / I feel your mark upon me now / As surely as the hand that leaves the bruise / Life is for the living / And life comes hard for some / While the rest of us, with flesh and blood / Make it hard all on our own / All I ever wanted / Was the freedom to refuse / Or something of my own to love enough / To hate to lose / The fever in my brain is leaving / Smoke behind my eyes / When the part of me that wants to change / Fights the part of me that tries / Now, you see a golden light / Because I've turned a gold light on / Sometimes, God knows, you've got to / Learn to shine your own / I step out of darkness / And for a moment I'm only living by your kiss / And just for now our flesh and blood / Is no more real than this

No hay comentarios.: